Stationary Bike Benefits You Want to Know
One of the most popular exercise equipment is the stationary bike. This is because stationary bike benefits are numerous. Due to its benefits it has been present in almost all of gyms, fitness centers, and some households.
Stationary bike benefits person by providing a low impact cardiovascular exercise. Stationary bike is also a good for persons who want to exercise that doesn’t like the impact on joints, especially her since recovering from injury.
Stationary bike benefits
- One of the stationary bike benefits is that it’s so easy to use. Just like regular bikes, you just need to sit and kick the pedal. You can adjust the resistance for a heavier exercise. You can adjust it to spin quickly for faster calorie burning or you can increase resistance so that you can concentrate on increasing your strength.
- Having a small footprint is also one of the stationary bike benefits. It is ideal for home use because it doesn’t take up a lot of floor space.
- Stationary bike benefits the people that are not used to exercising. This applies to obese persons. Persons like them are not used to heavy exercises. If they want to start exercising, stationary bike is a good start.
- Stationary bike is also a good if you can’t bike outdoors due to bad weather. And what’s more? You can watch TV or read a book while exercising with the stationary bike.
- Stationary bike benefits your leg muscles as well. Stationary bikes usually exercise your legs with varying resistance. If you want a light exercise you can decrease resistance. If you want it to the outer ear and you can increase the resistance.
- Although stationary bikes doesn’t burn much calories compared to treadmills, the important thing is that it somehow burns calories. It can burn 15 to 20 percent lesser calories than with treadmills, but it is a good exercise regimen to start with.
- And one of the most important stationary bike benefits is keeping the heart healthier. When using stationary bikes, your body uses more oxygen; the oxygen is supplied by the lungs. Then the heart pumps oxygen-rich blood to the working muscles. This exercise doesn’t only benefit the heart but also the lungs. You see the stationary bike benefits as form of an aerobic exercise wherein you take in more oxygen into your body.
Even if there are numerous stationary bike benefits, there could be disadvantages too. One negative thing about stationary bikes is that it only exercises your legs compared to other exercises that exercises your upper body as well. However, there are stationary bikes that come with dual action handlebars so you can exercise your upper body as well.
To sum up, Stationary bike is easy to use, affordable, somehow compact equipment that is commonly used in gyms and fitness centers, and can be used at home. With all the stationary bike benefits, it is the ideal exercise equipment for those who want to start exercising or those who want to exercise that doesn’t want the impact on the joints like other exercise machines.